Earlier I posted a “solution” to a problem where I couldn’t export. I searched high and low, running through DLLs and assembly references. I thought I had it working by changing the DLL of one assembly reference the to version 10 reference (CR 2008 is version 12). I stopped the post there. Later, I realized the different assemblies were pretty integrated with each other, and you couldn’t just have different versions floating around (DUH). So I changed them all back to version 10.

Of course I still had issues with that. I forget what, but it wasn’t good. I think it wouldn’t run on the production server. That server doesn’t have Visual Studio installed, only the CR engine. The version 10 assemblies I were using were the Crystal Report packages that came with VS.NET 2008.

In order to successfully be able to use all the correct assemblies, I had to do more research. What I ended up doing was completely uninstalling Crystal Reports and reinstalling it, and configuring some Virtual Diretories. The steps and and explanation after the jump.

Read the rest of this entry

, , , , , , ,